Tuesday, March 31, 2009

the five in one woman

Of all the women in the world, there is this one woman I know who can be a number of personalities all at the same time. Who else, But my mom.


I’m telling you, she can be a magician, a detective, a doctor, a preacher and a BFF (Best Friend Forever) of mine. Confused? Read on!

She can be a magician. There are times when I am sad, and so many problems are on me. She just hugs me and tickles me and we will have a major tickle fight. More often than not, we both will burst out laughing and could be seen on the floor, all fours, clutching our stomach and gasping for air. She makes all those problems (and wrinkles) go away.


She can be a detective. Whenever I go out with my pals, Mom could outdo Sherlock Holmes and Detective Conan in asking me questions. ‘Where will you go?’, ‘what time will you be home?’, ‘who’s with you?’ are just some of her list of never-ending questions. She makes sure that I am safe while having fun. But since I am an ‘adventurous’ teenager, I (always/often) sometimes give her the slip. laugh.gif


She can be a doctor. Let me get that straight. She did not finish any medical course, but just a tap, a hug or even a simple smile could erase any pain me and my younger sibs feel. I remember when we were little, when we complain about not feeling well, my mom will make us change our clothes and accompany us to the nearest fast food or mall. She will always be heard saying, "Ayan, magaling na kayo, kulang lang kayo sa gala!” tongue.gif


My mom could be a great preacher. Oh yes, she can be one. laboratoryo_mwahaha.gif whenever I did something wrong, I was expected to get a nice long sermon from her. When I was younger, I used to cry over the same line that goes, “…hindi ako galit sa inyo, galit ako sa ginawa ninyo.” I was so guilty I cry every time I hear that! But now, things changed. My tear ducts ceased to work at times like this, but instead, it is my ear that begins to function. I just try to absorb all the things she says because I know she just wants the best for me.


My mom, I can say, is my one and only BFF. True enough, she is my longest time friend ever. We used to play dolls together, run around during a rain fall roam around our village at night during cold December nights just for the sake of caroling, shop for clothes and accessories, and so many others. We even have our tampuhan and bonding moments, just like buddies. I know even though I used to think of her as my ‘kontra bida’, , she will always be there supporting and guiding me throughout my life. I may stumble and fall, I am assured that she will be there for me, to help me stand up and finish my race. She will be there, even when all else failed. This is my mom, a magician, a detective, a doctor, a preacher and my BFF; A woman in every single way.



Happy women’s month! laboratoryo_ty.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment